Fetacompli, the band for all occasions, is a World Music trio with a specialty in the music from all around the Mediterranean- starting in Morocco through Greece into the surrounding Balkan Countries and beyond.
Fetacompli represents decades of musical experience, knowledge and versatility, featuring Marty Reynard on accordion, bouzouki, guitar and flute, Amber Woods on Middle-Eastern percussion, and Gary Cohen on vocals, guitar and lead Doumbek (Middle Eastern hand drum).
Highlights of accomplishments
- House band at Olive Grove Restaurant
- “Greek Night” dinner extravaganza at the Royal Victoria Yacht Club
- International Dinner to open the 13th Annual Victoria Francophone Festival
- St Jean Baptiste Day celebration at the Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt
- Weddings, Retirement, Graduation, Birthday Parties, and other special occasions
Meet the Band
Marty Reynard: A founding member of Victoria’s Original Balkan Jam group (which focused on music from Eastern Europe and the Balkans), Marty Reynard is a versatile mulit-instrumentalist whose main instruments include Greek bouzouki, accordion, guitar and flute. He is at home with many genres of world music as well as the music drawn from the jazz, folk and classical repertoires. His playing is infused with high levels of spontaneity, energy and elements of surprise.
Amber Woods: The newest addition who provides an exotic beat on a variety of Middle-Eastern percussion instruments. She is also half of the musical duo Kouskous.
Gary Cohen: World Folk Music Artist who brings Mediterranean inspired guitar stylings and vocal inflections and some “hot and spicy” lead drum licks. Gary has co-founded a number of bands, and played with his Greek Band Kefi for 8 years before it disbanded and he helped to create Fetacompli. Gary is also the other half of Kouskous.
- Music to suit your special occasion (parties, weddings, bar/bat mitzvah, retirement, birthday, anniversary or other events)
- Music to accompany your dinner party
- Greek Music for Greek Themed Parties or Events
- Israeli Folk Dancing to “live music” with dance instruction provided
- Fete de St. Jean and other Francophone events
- Background and dance music for parties
Contact us for more information: